July 21st, 2015
Radar for Facebook is a recently released iPhone app that makes it easy to find nearby friends using the popular social network.
Once downloaded and installed, users can broadcast their location to Facebook friends, allowing pals to check on the Radar app and see who’s nearby. As developer Ben Steffens explains, “Radar is a new revolutionary geo-sharing app that lets Facebook users broadcast their location to friends and family, as well as public users with similar shared interests and mutual friends.”
- Friend Radar: Your “Friends Radar” will show you which of your friends are nearby. You will have the options to message your friends, view their location on the map view and get directions!
- Push Notifications: The app doesn’t only connect users through technology, its helps bring you together with your friends in real life by alerting you when a friend is nearby!
- Public Radar: The “Public Radar” shows public users who are nearby. It allows you to add people you’ve just met in real life within a single tap, it’s also a great way to make new friends; you can start chats with locals who have mutual friends or similar interests to you!
- Map View: You can switch the map view at any time to see what you’re friends are up to, or to meet new people in a more geographical way!
- History: Ever met some great people when you’re out and about, that you wished you had added on Facebook to keep in contact? Our history feature will remember who you’ve been around.
Furthermore, Radar provides more than 10 unique privacy settings in order to ensure that users feel safe while broadcasting their location “to the select group of family and friends [they] feel comfortable with,” the developer adds. Do note, of course, that sustained GPS running in the background is going to have a negative effect on an iDevice’s battery life.
Radar for Facebook can be downloaded in the App Store for $0.99, and is optimized for the iPhone and iPod touch. Below, we’ve included a trailer for the app.
Register for an account it’s free to participate in the discussion or share your thoughts in the Facebook.Discover The People Around You With Radar For Facebook,